Plants – Landscape – Botanical Garden – Nursery – Landscaping – Garden Centre – Perennial – Annual – Planters – Landscape Design
- by Matt on August 11, 2021 at 4:34 am
Photo by Michael Kauffmann (www.backcountrypress.com) It is a rare but special day when we […]
- by Matt on July 26, 2021 at 3:58 am
A pistillate cyathium of a Telephus spurge. Endemism fascinates me. Why some organisms […]
- by Matt on June 28, 2021 at 3:29 am
Discussions about pitcher plants usually revolve around the fact that they trap and eat insects and other animals. However, there are a handful of […]
- by Matt on June 21, 2021 at 3:00 am
When someone asks you if you would like to see a wild fever tree, you have to say yes. As a denizen of cold climates defined by months of freezing […]
- State Legislature Approves CNPS-Sponsored Assembly Bill 223 to Protect Dudleyaby Elizabeth Kubey on September 8, 2021 at 8:13 pm
An important step to combat the rampant poaching of California’s native succulents known as dudleya. The bill, authored by San Diego Assemblymember Chris Ward, is the first California bill specifically drafted to protect plants from poaching. The post State Legislature Approves CNPS-Sponsored Assembly Bill 223 to Protect Dudleya appeared first on California Native Plant Society.
- Bridging Home and Homelandby Elizabeth Kubey on August 30, 2021 at 6:56 pm
Barnali Ghosh shares her connection to California native plants through the colorful sarees of her homeland, Bangalore. The post Bridging Home and Homeland appeared first on California Native Plant Society.
- Congressman Garamendi Releases Draft Bill to Expand Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monumentby David on July 29, 2021 at 12:11 am
Congressman Garamendi Releases Draft Bill to Expand Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument The post Congressman Garamendi Releases Draft Bill to Expand Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument appeared first on California Native Plant Society.
- How-To: Propagate Plants Using Soft-Tip Cuttingsby Georgina Reid on May 17, 2021 at 11:36 pm
Go maximal plant! Learn how take soft-tip cuttings with horticultural expert Jac Semmler. The […]
- The Wonder of Seeds (and How to Successfully Germinate Them)by Georgina Reid on April 8, 2021 at 3:04 am
Our horticultural expert, Jac Semmler, offers the ultimate seed-sowing guide. The post The […]
- Saving Place: A visit to Bush Heritage’s Scottsdale Reserveby Georgina Reid on February 17, 2021 at 10:26 pm
Ecological restoration, extinction and 40,000 trees. The post Saving Place: A visit to Bush […]
- New Shoots: Bushfire Recovery, One Year onby Georgina Reid on January 21, 2021 at 10:44 pm
What has happened in the forests and on the ground one year on from Australia’s Black Summer […]