Plants – Landscape – Botanical Garden – Nursery – Landscaping – Garden Centre – Perennial – Annual – Planters – Landscape Design
- by Matt on December 20, 2021 at 4:24 am
We received an intriguing surprise the other night while prepping dinner. We cut open an unassuming bell pepper (Capsicum annuum) only to find a […]
- by Matt on August 11, 2021 at 4:34 am
Photo by Michael Kauffmann (www.backcountrypress.com) It is a rare but special day when we […]
- by Matt on July 26, 2021 at 3:58 am
A pistillate cyathium of a Telephus spurge. Endemism fascinates me. Why some organisms […]
- by Matt on June 28, 2021 at 3:29 am
Discussions about pitcher plants usually revolve around the fact that they trap and eat insects and other animals. However, there are a handful of […]
- A Big Day for Walker Ridge Advocatesby Elizabeth Kubey on January 12, 2022 at 7:09 pm
The Berryessa Snow Mountain Expansion Act, House Resolution 6366, is a bill that sets the stage for the conservation and long-term management of Walker Ridge. The post A Big Day for Walker Ridge Advocates appeared first on California Native Plant Society.
- Recovery & Monitoring of Central Coast Vegetationby Elizabeth Kubey on January 11, 2022 at 9:16 pm
In 2021, CNPS staff, volunteers, and students spent six weeks conducting vegetation assessments in five state parks post-fire. The post Recovery & Monitoring of Central Coast Vegetation appeared first on California Native Plant Society.
- Judge Rules in Favor of CNPS and Center for Biological Diversity in Guenoc Valley Decisionby Elizabeth Kubey on January 7, 2022 at 10:15 pm
This week’s important decision puts the brakes on a risky luxury development but fails to protect rare and endangered species. The post Judge Rules in Favor of CNPS and Center for Biological Diversity in Guenoc Valley Decision appeared first on California Native Plant Society.
- Deity, Demon or Somewhere In-between: Eucalyptus Trees in Californiaby Tanya Patrick on January 12, 2022 at 9:54 pm
Jeff Perry explores the complex story of gum trees in California. The post Deity, Demon or […]
- The Dwindling Glades of Gondwanaby Georgina Reid on November 17, 2021 at 9:37 pm
Essayist Peter Grant on the plight of Tasmania’s endemic, and imperilled, Pencil Pine. The […]
- How-To: Propagate Plants Using Soft-Tip Cuttingsby Georgina Reid on May 17, 2021 at 11:36 pm
Go maximal plant! Learn how take soft-tip cuttings with horticultural expert Jac Semmler. The […]
- The Wonder of Seeds (and How to Successfully Germinate Them)by Georgina Reid on April 8, 2021 at 3:04 am
Our horticultural expert, Jac Semmler, offers the ultimate seed-sowing guide. The post The […]