Plants – Landscape – Botanical Garden – Nursery – Landscaping – Garden Centre – Perennial – Annual – Planters – Landscape Design
- by Matt on June 21, 2021 at 3:00 am
When someone asks you if you would like to see a wild fever tree, you have to say yes. As a denizen of cold climates defined by months of freezing […]
- by Matt on June 15, 2021 at 2:44 am
Bearcorn (Conopholis americana) is one of those plants that really challenges mainstream assumptions of what a plant should look like. It produces no […]
- by Matt on June 8, 2021 at 3:33 am
The flora of the southern Appalachian Mountains will never cease to amaze me. Every time I visit this region of the world, I am blown away by the […]
- by Matt on June 1, 2021 at 4:50 am
The first time I encountered a white trillium (Trillium grandiflorum) with green stripes on its flowers, I thought I had found a new variant. I […]
- Critical Habitat saved in Calabasasby David on June 9, 2021 at 1:17 am
In Unanimous 5-0 Vote, Calabasas City Council Rejects Destructive West Village Project –– and Saves Critical Woodland and Riparian Habitat The post Critical Habitat saved in Calabasas appeared first on California Native Plant Society.
- California Native Plant Society Unveils Major Update to the Online Rare Plant Inventoryby David on June 2, 2021 at 10:24 pm
The California Native Plant Society (CNPS) launched its fully-rebuilt and updated Rare Plant Inventory (RPI) database and website. The Inventory is a widely-used resource guiding rare plant protection, conservation planning, land acquisition, and management in California. The post California Native Plant Society Unveils Major Update to the Online Rare Plant Inventory appeared first on California Native Plant Society.
- Fire-Resistant Landscapingby David on May 25, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Cassy Aoyagi, president of FormLA®Landscaping, shows us around her garden in the Tujunga foothills, sharing the features that protect it from wildfire. The post Fire-Resistant Landscaping appeared first on California Native Plant Society.
- How-To: Propagate Plants Using Soft-Tip Cuttingsby Georgina Reid on May 17, 2021 at 11:36 pm
Go maximal plant! Learn how take soft-tip cuttings with horticultural expert Jac Semmler. The […]
- The Wonder of Seeds (and How to Successfully Germinate Them)by Georgina Reid on April 8, 2021 at 3:04 am
Our horticultural expert, Jac Semmler, offers the ultimate seed-sowing guide. The post The […]
- Saving Place: A visit to Bush Heritage’s Scottsdale Reserveby Georgina Reid on February 17, 2021 at 10:26 pm
Ecological restoration, extinction and 40,000 trees. The post Saving Place: A visit to Bush […]
- New Shoots: Bushfire Recovery, One Year onby Georgina Reid on January 21, 2021 at 10:44 pm
What has happened in the forests and on the ground one year on from Australia’s Black Summer […]